Man hospitalised following crash in Flamstead
- Credit: Archant
A man was hospitalised with head injuries after a crash in Flamstead this morning (Tuesday).
The man, in his 40s, was thought to be driving an Audi A3 at about 9.30 when it collided with a Ford Fusion at the roundabout on Watery Lane.
Police closed the road at the M1 end and at the junction with Annables Lanes and Herts county council contractors Ringway were called to clear an oil spillage.
The man was taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital and is thought to be in a stable condition.
Both vehicles were recovered.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Ringway said: “The spill was cleared up and the road was re-opened at about 2pm. The traffic in the area is currently flowing freely.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 6 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high