Man hospitalised following crash in Flamstead
- Credit: Archant
A man was hospitalised with head injuries after a crash in Flamstead this morning (Tuesday).
The man, in his 40s, was thought to be driving an Audi A3 at about 9.30 when it collided with a Ford Fusion at the roundabout on Watery Lane.
Police closed the road at the M1 end and at the junction with Annables Lanes and Herts county council contractors Ringway were called to clear an oil spillage.
The man was taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital and is thought to be in a stable condition.
Both vehicles were recovered.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Ringway said: “The spill was cleared up and the road was re-opened at about 2pm. The traffic in the area is currently flowing freely.”
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans