Man hospitalised after fire in St Albans flat

Fire crews were called to an address in St Albans at around 4am today (16)

Fire crews were called to an address in St Albans at around 4am today (16) - Credit: Archant

A man has been taken to hospital and neighbours have been evacuated after a fire broke out in a first floor flat in the early hours of this morning.

The emergency services were called to a property on Goldsmith Way, St Albans, just after 4am where the blaze was dealt with by fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reels.

One eyewitness said rescue staff were overheard saying that the fire was likely caused by a cigarette, however a full investigation is ongoing.

Fire crews left the scene at around 6.30am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter