Man hospitalised after fire in St Albans flat

PUBLISHED: 14:20 16 November 2015 | UPDATED: 14:53 16 November 2015

Fire crews were called to an address in St Albans at around 4am today (16)

Fire crews were called to an address in St Albans at around 4am today (16)

Archant

A man has been taken to hospital and neighbours have been evacuated after a fire broke out in a first floor flat in the early hours of this morning.

The emergency services were called to a property on Goldsmith Way, St Albans, just after 4am where the blaze was dealt with by fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reels.

One eyewitness said rescue staff were overheard saying that the fire was likely caused by a cigarette, however a full investigation is ongoing.

Fire crews left the scene at around 6.30am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser