Man grabs woman in sexual assault in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A woman was left shaken and upset after a man sexually assaulted her by grabbing her and trying to kiss her.
The woman, aged in her 50s, was walking along the Alban Way between Breakspear Avenue and Camp Road, in St Albans, between 11.15pm and 11.45pm on Thursday, June 22 when she was approached by the man and accosted.
An unknown man intervened and chased the offender away.
Det Con Ian Jordan, who is investigating, said: “I am keen to speak to the man who chased the offender off as he may have information that could assist our investigation.
“The victim never spoke to the man who helped her and went straight home. She was understandably shaken and upset by the incident and had suffered bruising and scratches to her hands and arms.
You may also want to watch:
“The offender is described as a white man, with short hair, around 5ft 9in tall and of slim build.
“Although there have been no other incidents of sexual assault in this area, I would like to remind people to remain vigilant and to not walk alone in secluded areas. Where possible always travel in the company of others and try to stick to busy areas, especially at night.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Anyone with information is asked to contact Herts police on 101, quoting crime reference number F1/1/7/2965.