Man grabs woman in sexual assault in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A woman was left shaken and upset after a man sexually assaulted her by grabbing her and trying to kiss her.
The woman, aged in her 50s, was walking along the Alban Way between Breakspear Avenue and Camp Road, in St Albans, between 11.15pm and 11.45pm on Thursday, June 22 when she was approached by the man and accosted.
An unknown man intervened and chased the offender away.
Det Con Ian Jordan, who is investigating, said: “I am keen to speak to the man who chased the offender off as he may have information that could assist our investigation.
“The victim never spoke to the man who helped her and went straight home. She was understandably shaken and upset by the incident and had suffered bruising and scratches to her hands and arms.
You may also want to watch:
“The offender is described as a white man, with short hair, around 5ft 9in tall and of slim build.
“Although there have been no other incidents of sexual assault in this area, I would like to remind people to remain vigilant and to not walk alone in secluded areas. Where possible always travel in the company of others and try to stick to busy areas, especially at night.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Anyone with information is asked to contact Herts police on 101, quoting crime reference number F1/1/7/2965.