Man fractures jaw during assault in St Albans nightclub
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old was seriously injured after being punched by two men on the dance floor of a nightclub in St Albans on New Year’s Day.
The assault took place at Batchwood Hall nightclub in Batchwood Drive between 1am and 2.30am.
The victim was on the main dance floor when he bumped into two men, described as white and between 5ft 10in and 6ft tall, who punched him and fractured his jaw.
After the assault the two attackers left the club.
Det Con Tony Kong, from the St Albans Local Crime Unit, said: “This was a nasty attack in which the victim suffered serious injuries.
“I would ask that anyone who was in the club at the time and witnessed the incident should please come forward and speak to me.
Any information you have, however insignificant it may seem, could be crucial evidence.”
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
Anyone with information should call DC Kong on the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.