Man fractures jaw during assault in St Albans nightclub
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old was seriously injured after being punched by two men on the dance floor of a nightclub in St Albans on New Year’s Day.
The assault took place at Batchwood Hall nightclub in Batchwood Drive between 1am and 2.30am.
The victim was on the main dance floor when he bumped into two men, described as white and between 5ft 10in and 6ft tall, who punched him and fractured his jaw.
After the assault the two attackers left the club.
Det Con Tony Kong, from the St Albans Local Crime Unit, said: “This was a nasty attack in which the victim suffered serious injuries.
“I would ask that anyone who was in the club at the time and witnessed the incident should please come forward and speak to me.
Any information you have, however insignificant it may seem, could be crucial evidence.”
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 7 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 8 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 9 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 10 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
Anyone with information should call DC Kong on the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.