Appeal for witnesses after London Colney road fatality
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a crash on the A414 North Orbital Road.
A silver Vauxhall Vivaro collided with the central barrier on the westbound carriageway near London Colney at just before midnight on Saturday.
Police officers attended the scene and despite the efforts of paramedics the driver of the van, a man in his 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
Insp Peter Scholes, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the driver who sadly lost his life following this collision.
“We are investigating the circumstances of this incident and have already made several enquiries. I’m now appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision, thinks they may have information that could help, or has relevant dash cam footage to please contact us as soon as possible quoting ISR 1040 of October 31.
“I’d also like to hear from anyone who may have seen a van matching the description driving in the area prior to the collision.”
You can report information by filling out an online reporting form at herts.police.uk/report, speaking to an operator in the Force Communications Room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact, calling the non-emergency telephone number 101 or contacting Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visiting crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic