Man dies following motorcycle crash in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died following a crash near a St Albans gym.
The man, said to be in his 30s, collided with a black Ford Focus at around 9.10am on Highfield Park Drive near Nuffield Health and Wellbeing Centre.
A police spokesperson confirmed the man, who was driving a black Suzuki motorcycle, died at the scene.
The driver of the Ford Focus was not injured.
Road closures have been put in place at the junctions with London Road and Nightingale Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Colin Jenkinson from the policing unit said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this very difficult time.
“We are currently working to establish the circumstances around the collision and I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident, or events leading up to it, to contact me.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Anyone with information is urged to contact the police via the non-emergency number 101.