Man dies following motorcycle crash in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died following a crash near a St Albans gym.
The man, said to be in his 30s, collided with a black Ford Focus at around 9.10am on Highfield Park Drive near Nuffield Health and Wellbeing Centre.
A police spokesperson confirmed the man, who was driving a black Suzuki motorcycle, died at the scene.
The driver of the Ford Focus was not injured.
Road closures have been put in place at the junctions with London Road and Nightingale Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Colin Jenkinson from the policing unit said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this very difficult time.
“We are currently working to establish the circumstances around the collision and I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident, or events leading up to it, to contact me.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Anyone with information is urged to contact the police via the non-emergency number 101.