Man dies following motorcycle crash in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died following a crash near a St Albans gym.
The man, said to be in his 30s, collided with a black Ford Focus at around 9.10am on Highfield Park Drive near Nuffield Health and Wellbeing Centre.
A police spokesperson confirmed the man, who was driving a black Suzuki motorcycle, died at the scene.
The driver of the Ford Focus was not injured.
Road closures have been put in place at the junctions with London Road and Nightingale Lane.
Sergeant Colin Jenkinson from the policing unit said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this very difficult time.
“We are currently working to establish the circumstances around the collision and I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident, or events leading up to it, to contact me.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
Anyone with information is urged to contact the police via the non-emergency number 101.