Man dies during cycle ride on the Nicky Line in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
A forty six year old man died on Saturday (5) while on a bike ride on the Nicky Line cycle route, Redbourn.
The man, said to be from Harpenden, was cycling close to Harpendenbury Farm and Redbourn Golf Course at around 3.30pm when he fell from his bike for reasons unknown.
He was taken ill and an ambulance called to the scene. The man died shortly after,
A boy was cycling with the man at the time of the incident and police are appealing for witnesses of the incident.
Investigating officer, PC Helen Carpenter from the Road Crash Investigation Team said: “We are hoping to piece together the circumstances of the incident that led to this man sadly passing away.
You may also want to watch:
“A boy was with the man cycling on his bike at the time - did you see them cycling before the incident happened or did you see what happened for the man to fall from his bike?
“I’m appealing to members of the public who may have been in the area at the time and saw the incident take place, or the events leading up to it, to get in touch as soon as possible.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.