Man dies during cycle ride on the Nicky Line in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
A forty six year old man died on Saturday (5) while on a bike ride on the Nicky Line cycle route, Redbourn.
The man, said to be from Harpenden, was cycling close to Harpendenbury Farm and Redbourn Golf Course at around 3.30pm when he fell from his bike for reasons unknown.
He was taken ill and an ambulance called to the scene. The man died shortly after,
A boy was cycling with the man at the time of the incident and police are appealing for witnesses of the incident.
Investigating officer, PC Helen Carpenter from the Road Crash Investigation Team said: “We are hoping to piece together the circumstances of the incident that led to this man sadly passing away.
“A boy was with the man cycling on his bike at the time - did you see them cycling before the incident happened or did you see what happened for the man to fall from his bike?
“I’m appealing to members of the public who may have been in the area at the time and saw the incident take place, or the events leading up to it, to get in touch as soon as possible.”
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.