Man dies after M1 crash near St Albans on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s died in hospital yesterday after being involved in a road traffic accident on the M1 on Sunday.
He was taken to St George’s Hospital in London after the accident in which the Renault Clio he was a passenger in, collided with a Vauxhall Astra in the central lane, just after 9.40am between Junctions 7 and 6, near the exit slip road to the M25.
A woman in her 50s, who was a fellow passenger, was taken to St Mary’s Hospital and remains in a critical condition.
The driver of the Clio, a woman in her 40s, was taken to Watford General Hospital with minor injuries.
The driver of the Astra, a man in his 40s, who was travelling alone, was also taken to Watford General Hospital with slight injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until approximately 1pm.
Police from Beds, Cambs and Herts Roads Policing Unit are still appealing for witnesses.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Sgt Colin Jenkinson said: “I would urge anyone who may have seen this incident or either car prior to the collision taking place to come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the non-emergency number 101.