Man tragically dies after car crash in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man has tragically died following a car crash in St Albans.
Herts police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, where a grey Honda Civic and a black Mercedes E220 collided on St Albans Road at 9.50pm yesterday.
The driver of the Honda Civic – a man in his 30s – died at the scene.
His passenger – a woman in her 50s – remains in hospital in a critical condition.
Two men in their 20s who were travelling in the Mercedes also suffered serious injuries and are currently in hospital. They have both been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Sam Cordingley from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit said: “We are working to establish the exact circumstances surrounding this collision.
“As part of this I’m appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either vehicle shortly before the time of the incident to get in touch.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
“In particular I would like to speak to the driver of a car who we believed stopped at the scene but has not yet spoken to officers. You may have key information that could help this investigation.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.