Motorcyclist dies after St Albans A414 crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a serious collision in St Albans at the weekend.
The accident took place on the A414 between St Albans and Hemel Hempstead on Sunday, September 20, just before 1.15pm.
The crash was between a Fiat 500 and a motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the old M10, between the Park Street roundabout and the M1.
The motorcyclist suffered fatal injuries and passed away at the scene.
Sergeant James Thorne from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family and friends at this very difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are continuing to appeal for anyone who witnessed the collision, or events leading up to it, to please get in touch.
“I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have captured dash cam footage which could assist our enquiries. If you can help, please get in touch.”
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in our Force Communications Room via the online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 369 of 20 September.