Motorcyclist dies after St Albans A414 crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a serious collision in St Albans at the weekend.
The accident took place on the A414 between St Albans and Hemel Hempstead on Sunday, September 20, just before 1.15pm.
The crash was between a Fiat 500 and a motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the old M10, between the Park Street roundabout and the M1.
The motorcyclist suffered fatal injuries and passed away at the scene.
Sergeant James Thorne from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family and friends at this very difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are continuing to appeal for anyone who witnessed the collision, or events leading up to it, to please get in touch.
“I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have captured dash cam footage which could assist our enquiries. If you can help, please get in touch.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in our Force Communications Room via the online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 369 of 20 September.