Motorcyclist dies after St Albans A414 crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a serious collision in St Albans at the weekend.
The accident took place on the A414 between St Albans and Hemel Hempstead on Sunday, September 20, just before 1.15pm.
The crash was between a Fiat 500 and a motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the old M10, between the Park Street roundabout and the M1.
The motorcyclist suffered fatal injuries and passed away at the scene.
Sergeant James Thorne from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family and friends at this very difficult time.
“We are continuing to appeal for anyone who witnessed the collision, or events leading up to it, to please get in touch.
“I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have captured dash cam footage which could assist our enquiries. If you can help, please get in touch.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in our Force Communications Room via the online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 369 of 20 September.