Man charged with sexual activity in front of a child after incident in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
A 59-year-old man has been charged with sex offences following an incident in St Albans city centre.
Malcolm Lovett – of no fixed address – appeared at Hatfield remand court today charged with sexual assault, outraging public decency, and sexual activity in front of a child.
His arrest is connected to an incident outside McDonald’s in Everard Close, at 4pm on Tuesday, June 20, where a man made a sexual comment to a 14-year-old, and touched her arm.
The girl and her four friends then went to St Albans Abbey railway station, where the man allegedly touched himself in front of them.
At this point, a member of the public intervened – but this man left the scene before officers could speak to him.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Katy Jackson said: “This was an understandably distressing incident for these girls and they are being supported by our officers. I would like to reassure the community that this type of incident is unusual in St Albans.
“I am very keen to speak to the man who intervened during the incident, so if it was you then please contact my colleague Det Con Gareth John on 101.”
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space