Man charged with murder of Paul Milburn in St Albans, 23 years after his death
- Credit: Archant
A 60 year old man has appeared in court charged in connection with the murder of a man in St Albans over two decades ago, following a police appeal.
Paul Milburn, 43, of Surrey, was killed in Noke Lane on April 26 in 1993.
The victim was shot in his car and died at the scene.
Following an investigation by the Beds, Cambs and Herts Major Crime Unit, Justin Clarke, 60, of no fixed address, was extradited back to the UK from Germany yesterday (Monday).
Detectives from the unit had re-appealed for information about the murder last year, including on the BBC’s Crimewatch programme.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Clarke was arrested under a European Arrest Warrant by police in Berlin on February 4, this year.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court today on a first instance arrest warrant on the following charges:
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
• Conspiracy to defraud
• Offering to supply controlled drugs
• Possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence, namely murder
Mr Clarke has been remanded in custody to appear before St Albans Crown Court on Thursday, September 29.