Man charged with murder of Paul Milburn in St Albans, 23 years after his death
- Credit: Archant
A 60 year old man has appeared in court charged in connection with the murder of a man in St Albans over two decades ago, following a police appeal.
Paul Milburn, 43, of Surrey, was killed in Noke Lane on April 26 in 1993.
The victim was shot in his car and died at the scene.
Following an investigation by the Beds, Cambs and Herts Major Crime Unit, Justin Clarke, 60, of no fixed address, was extradited back to the UK from Germany yesterday (Monday).
Detectives from the unit had re-appealed for information about the murder last year, including on the BBC’s Crimewatch programme.
Mr Clarke was arrested under a European Arrest Warrant by police in Berlin on February 4, this year.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court today on a first instance arrest warrant on the following charges:
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
• Conspiracy to defraud
• Offering to supply controlled drugs
• Possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence, namely murder
Mr Clarke has been remanded in custody to appear before St Albans Crown Court on Thursday, September 29.