Man charged with murder of Paul Milburn in St Albans, 23 years after his death
- Credit: Archant
A 60 year old man has appeared in court charged in connection with the murder of a man in St Albans over two decades ago, following a police appeal.
Paul Milburn, 43, of Surrey, was killed in Noke Lane on April 26 in 1993.
The victim was shot in his car and died at the scene.
Following an investigation by the Beds, Cambs and Herts Major Crime Unit, Justin Clarke, 60, of no fixed address, was extradited back to the UK from Germany yesterday (Monday).
Detectives from the unit had re-appealed for information about the murder last year, including on the BBC’s Crimewatch programme.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Clarke was arrested under a European Arrest Warrant by police in Berlin on February 4, this year.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court today on a first instance arrest warrant on the following charges:
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
• Conspiracy to defraud
• Offering to supply controlled drugs
• Possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence, namely murder
Mr Clarke has been remanded in custody to appear before St Albans Crown Court on Thursday, September 29.