Man charged with kidnap after incident in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old man from Shenley has been charged with kidnap and grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, following an incident in Radlett last week.
At about 9.15pm on Thursday, January 14, a woman in her 20s was walking along Watling Street, between Brook Court and Goodyers Avenue, when she was allegedly forced into a car, before managing to escape.
She suffered a broken ankle during the incident.
Detective Inspector Matt Phillips, Herts Police, said that officers are supporting the victim.
He added: “I understand that this incident will have caused concern in the community, however, I would like to reassure people that we believe this to be an isolated incident and a suspect has now been remanded in custody.”
You may also want to watch:
The police want any witnesses to the incident to come forward.
DI Phillips said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened or saw the victim, who would have been struggling to walk due to her injury, to please contact police urgently.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
“I’d also be keen to hear from anyone who saw a white Ford Focus prior to or following the incident, which had significant damage to the front passenger door.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the force on non-emergency number 101.
Or you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or online: www.crimestoppers-uk.org
• Joe Winson, 24, of Harris Lane in Shenley, appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Saturday (16), where he pleaded not guilty to kidnap and GBH with intent. He was remanded in custody to appear for a trial, on a date yet to be set.