Man charged over St Albans caravan arson attack
A MAN has been charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening. Joseph Cross, aged 25, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimidating a witness
A MAN has been charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening.
Joseph Cross, aged 25, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimidating a witness. He will appear in court this afternoon.
Cross was arrested on the night of the fire in Green Lane, along with two other people, a 27-year-old woman from St Albans and a 28-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City, who were subsequently released without charge.
The fire broke out at about 6.30pm and quickly engulfed the caravan before starting to spread to the adjoining property, forcing the occupants to flee into the back garden.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters managed to contain the flames, which gutted the caravan and caused damage to the front of the house.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works