Man charged over St Albans caravan arson attack
A MAN has been charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening. Joseph Cross, aged 25, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimidating a witness
A MAN has been charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening.
Joseph Cross, aged 25, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimidating a witness. He will appear in court this afternoon.
Cross was arrested on the night of the fire in Green Lane, along with two other people, a 27-year-old woman from St Albans and a 28-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City, who were subsequently released without charge.
The fire broke out at about 6.30pm and quickly engulfed the caravan before starting to spread to the adjoining property, forcing the occupants to flee into the back garden.
Firefighters managed to contain the flames, which gutted the caravan and caused damage to the front of the house.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival