Man charged with attempted murder after Radlett attack
- Credit: Archant
A 51-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an incident in Radlett.
Frank Brinkley, 51, of no fixed address, has been charged with attempted murder, throwing a corrosive substance on a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, actual bodily harm and two counts of harassment.
This follows an incident at an address in Scrubbitts Square in Radlett, just after 3pm on Sunday, May 27 where a woman in her 40s suffered puncture wounds to her arms and abdomen and a man, aged in his 30s, had an unknown substance thrown in his eyes.
Both victims were admitted to hospital and while the man has been discharged, the woman is still being treated.
Ch Insp Steve O’Keeffe said: “I know this incident will have caused concern among the local community but I’d like to reassure you that we believe this was an isolated and targeted incident where all those involved are known to each other.
You may also want to watch:
“This type of incident is very unusual in Radlett and local Safer Neighbourhood officers are visiting the area to offer reassurance to residents.”
Brinkley is due to appear in Hatfield Remand Court today.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans