Man charged in connection with Redbourn, Wheathampstead, and Shefford burglaries
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A man has been charged in connection with burglaries in Redbourn, Wheathampstead and Shefford.
Benjamin Nicol, of Waterlow Road in Dunstable, has been charged after there were burglaries across Herts in December 2018 and January 2019.
The offences include two incidents when cigarettes were allegedly stolen - from the Co-op in Redbourn High Street on December 23 and the Post Office in Wheathampstead’s Station Road on December 22.
Alcohol, scratchcards, and vape liquid were also alledgedly taken from John R Ford and Sons in Ampthill Road in Shefford on December 20.
Mr Nicol, 33, appeared at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on February 9 and is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court on May 1.
You may also want to watch:
A second man - a 41-year-old from Bedford – was also arrested in connection with the investigation, but has been released.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall