Man charged in connection with Redbourn, Wheathampstead, and Shefford burglaries
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A man has been charged in connection with burglaries in Redbourn, Wheathampstead and Shefford.
Benjamin Nicol, of Waterlow Road in Dunstable, has been charged after there were burglaries across Herts in December 2018 and January 2019.
The offences include two incidents when cigarettes were allegedly stolen - from the Co-op in Redbourn High Street on December 23 and the Post Office in Wheathampstead’s Station Road on December 22.
Alcohol, scratchcards, and vape liquid were also alledgedly taken from John R Ford and Sons in Ampthill Road in Shefford on December 20.
Mr Nicol, 33, appeared at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on February 9 and is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court on May 1.
You may also want to watch:
A second man - a 41-year-old from Bedford – was also arrested in connection with the investigation, but has been released.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works