Man arrested for St Albans burglaries
- Credit: Archant
A 50-year-old man has been arrested and charged for conspiring to burgle houses in St Albans.
Dixie Palache, of Pamla Street in London, has been charged with conspiracy to burgle in connection with a spate of burglaries across the district between November 1, 2017 and January 20 this year.
He was arrested on Wednesday, February 28 at his home address and was remanded in custody by Hatfield Remand Court on Thursday, March 1.
Palache will appear at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday, March 28.
Det Insp Alex Warwick said: “Thank you to the public for reporting suspicious incidents and sending us your CCTV images, which has assisted us greatly in tackling burglaries across the district.
You may also want to watch:
“Please continue to call us on 101 – or 999 if you suspect a crime is in progress or you suspect someone’s life is in danger.”
The arrest was part of Herts Police’s month of action to track down wanted suspects
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site