Man charged following theft in Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
A man will appear at St Albans Magistrates’ Court later this month after being charged with attempted theft in relation to an incident at a local radio mast site.
On the afternoon of August 7 last year a hole was made in a fence surrounding a radio mast in Wheathampstead.
A spokesman for Herts Police said a man then allegedly proceeded to dig up a number of lightning protection cables.
Officers from the St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) have now charged a man in connection with the incident, which prompted a media appeal.
John Moseley, 38, of Hart Hill Drive, Luton, was arrested yesterday (Wednesday).
He has since been charged with attempted theft and will appear in court on January 23.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park