Man charged following theft in Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
A man will appear at St Albans Magistrates’ Court later this month after being charged with attempted theft in relation to an incident at a local radio mast site.
On the afternoon of August 7 last year a hole was made in a fence surrounding a radio mast in Wheathampstead.
A spokesman for Herts Police said a man then allegedly proceeded to dig up a number of lightning protection cables.
Officers from the St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) have now charged a man in connection with the incident, which prompted a media appeal.
John Moseley, 38, of Hart Hill Drive, Luton, was arrested yesterday (Wednesday).
You may also want to watch:
He has since been charged with attempted theft and will appear in court on January 23.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public