Man charged after spate of break-ins in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with six offences of burglary in Harpenden and Hemel Hempstead following a spate of thefts.
Dennis Skiller, 34, from Cemetery Road, Houghton Regis, is due to appear before St Albans Crown Court on May 27 for a preliminary hearing, after being arrested at an address in Luton on Tuesday, May 12.
The Herts Advertiser last week (Thursday, May 14), reported on a number of break-ins in the Poets Corner area of Harpenden, between May 1 and May 6.
St Albans’ chief inspector, Ken Townsend, said he was “aware residents have been concerned about the recent spate of burglaries in Harpenden”.
He said: “I would like to reassure people that a great deal of work has been in response to these concerns.
You may also want to watch:
“The Safer Neighbourhood Team will continue to increase their patrols and their shift pattern has been changed to ensure that we have officers proactively patrolling at the times the offences have taken place.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy