Man charged after spate of break-ins in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with six offences of burglary in Harpenden and Hemel Hempstead following a spate of thefts.
Dennis Skiller, 34, from Cemetery Road, Houghton Regis, is due to appear before St Albans Crown Court on May 27 for a preliminary hearing, after being arrested at an address in Luton on Tuesday, May 12.
The Herts Advertiser last week (Thursday, May 14), reported on a number of break-ins in the Poets Corner area of Harpenden, between May 1 and May 6.
St Albans’ chief inspector, Ken Townsend, said he was “aware residents have been concerned about the recent spate of burglaries in Harpenden”.
He said: “I would like to reassure people that a great deal of work has been in response to these concerns.
You may also want to watch:
“The Safer Neighbourhood Team will continue to increase their patrols and their shift pattern has been changed to ensure that we have officers proactively patrolling at the times the offences have taken place.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues