Man caught with drugs and gun jailed for eight years
A MAN who was caught in St Albans with a pistol and ammunition, crack cocaine and cash has been jailed for eight years. Darren Bailey, aged 34, and from Catford in South London, was sentenced at St Albans Crown Court yesterday (Monday) after pleading guil
A MAN who was caught in St Albans with a pistol and ammunition, crack cocaine and cash has been jailed for eight years.
Darren Bailey, aged 34, and from Catford in South London, was sentenced at St Albans Crown Court yesterday (Monday) after pleading guilty to possession of drugs with intent to supply, possession of a prohibited firearm and possession of prohibited ammunition.
Bailey was pulled over by police constables Ben Freeney and Sally Jackson when he was driving a silver Peugeot 307 in Normandy Road, St Albans, on March 28, this year. He had crack cocaine worth £2,120, the gun and ammunition and £1,800 in cash.
Speaking after the court case, Police Sergeant Jason Keane said: "This was excellent work by two officers who acted on a hunch which means that a dangerous man has been taken off the streets and we have further disrupted the Class A drugs market which was operating in St Albans."
You may also want to watch:
The police are appealing to the public that if they suspect anyone is involved in drugs, to please contact them with as much information as possible, including car registration numbers, times and descriptions of possible offenders, on their non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism