Man attacked in Harpenden car park
- Credit: Archant
An elderly man was left bruised and shaken after he was attacked in a Harpenden car park on Saturday. (8)
At around 7.20pm the victim, a 67-year-old man, was approached from behind as he was getting into his car in the Lydekker car park
His attacker demanded the man hand over his wallet before punching him to the side of the face. The victim fell to the floor before the offender grabbed him around the neck and then searched his pockets.
He took a hairbrush, which police believe he mistook for something more valuable, and ran off towards Arcadian Court.
The victim suffered bruising and cuts to his face and was left shaken by what happened.
Det Sgt Carolyn Taylder is investigating and said: “A man and woman went to help the victim and it is also believed there was a man sitting in his car near the exit of the car park around the time of the incident. I would appeal to these people to contact me with information as they may have witnessed something vital.
“I would also appeal to anyone who was in Sun Lane prior to the attack as a man approached the victim there asking for the time.”
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
Anyone with information should contact DS Taylder via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.