Man attacked in Harpenden car park
- Credit: Archant
An elderly man was left bruised and shaken after he was attacked in a Harpenden car park on Saturday. (8)
At around 7.20pm the victim, a 67-year-old man, was approached from behind as he was getting into his car in the Lydekker car park
His attacker demanded the man hand over his wallet before punching him to the side of the face. The victim fell to the floor before the offender grabbed him around the neck and then searched his pockets.
He took a hairbrush, which police believe he mistook for something more valuable, and ran off towards Arcadian Court.
The victim suffered bruising and cuts to his face and was left shaken by what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Carolyn Taylder is investigating and said: “A man and woman went to help the victim and it is also believed there was a man sitting in his car near the exit of the car park around the time of the incident. I would appeal to these people to contact me with information as they may have witnessed something vital.
“I would also appeal to anyone who was in Sun Lane prior to the attack as a man approached the victim there asking for the time.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
Anyone with information should contact DS Taylder via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.