Man assaulted as thieves steal car
TWO men stole a car after meeting with the seller and assaulting him over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information following the theft from outside a property in Sleapshyde Lane, St Albans, on the afternoon of Sunday, August 29.
The thieves spoke to a man selling a 2005-reg grey Honda Civic Type R before assaulting him and driving off in the car.
The first suspect is described as a black man in his mid 20s to mid 30s and between 5ft 5ins and 5ft 7ins tall. He was of a stocky build and had a bald head, and was wearing a short sleeved blue t-shirt and dark coloured trousers.
The second suspect is described as an Asian man aged in his 20s. He was approximately 5ft 9ins tall and of a slim build and is believed to have been wearing a baseball cap and a hooded top.
You may also want to watch:
PC Karen Scarlett from the Local Crime Unit at St Albans police station is investigating and said: “This was an extremely serious incident and thankfully the victim was not injured. I would like to appeal to anyone who believes they may have seen the two men prior to or following the incident, if you saw the vehicle being driven from the scene or in the area close by, or if you have any information which could assist us with our investigation to contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Herts Police on 0845 3300 222 or, alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe