Man, 64, arrested in Flamstead murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
A 64-year-old Flamstead man has been arrested this afternoon in connection with the murder of a 71-year-old woman in the village.
Police were called at 7.45pm on Saturday, July 27, to an address in Flamstead High Street.
Officers forced entry into the property and found the victim with multiple injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a murder investigation was launched.
A 64-year-old man has been arrested today in connection with the murder following a police appeal, and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The victim's family has been informed, and a post-mortem is due to take place later today.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor