Man, 64, arrested in Flamstead murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
A 64-year-old Flamstead man has been arrested this afternoon in connection with the murder of a 71-year-old woman in the village.
Police were called at 7.45pm on Saturday, July 27, to an address in Flamstead High Street.
Officers forced entry into the property and found the victim with multiple injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a murder investigation was launched.
A 64-year-old man has been arrested today in connection with the murder following a police appeal, and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The victim's family has been informed, and a post-mortem is due to take place later today.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans