Man, 64, arrested in Flamstead murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
A 64-year-old Flamstead man has been arrested this afternoon in connection with the murder of a 71-year-old woman in the village.
Police were called at 7.45pm on Saturday, July 27, to an address in Flamstead High Street.
Officers forced entry into the property and found the victim with multiple injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a murder investigation was launched.
A 64-year-old man has been arrested today in connection with the murder following a police appeal, and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The victim's family has been informed, and a post-mortem is due to take place later today.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'