Man, 64, arrested in Flamstead murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
A 64-year-old Flamstead man has been arrested this afternoon in connection with the murder of a 71-year-old woman in the village.
Police were called at 7.45pm on Saturday, July 27, to an address in Flamstead High Street.
Officers forced entry into the property and found the victim with multiple injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a murder investigation was launched.
A 64-year-old man has been arrested today in connection with the murder following a police appeal, and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The victim's family has been informed, and a post-mortem is due to take place later today.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'