Man admits storing indecent child images on computer
A MAN has admitted storing thousands of indecent images of young children on his computer. Mark Allen, aged 41, from Marshalswick Lane in St Albans, pleaded guilty to 16 counts of downloading indecent photos and movies of children at Central Herts Magistr
A MAN has admitted storing thousands of indecent images of young children on his computer.
Mark Allen, aged 41, from Marshalswick Lane in St Albans, pleaded guilty to 16 counts of downloading indecent photos and movies of children at Central Herts Magistrates' Court on Friday.
Police seized his computer and memory cards in a search of his home in October last year in which they found a total of 18,392 images and 308 videos of children ranging from young babies through to 17-year-olds.
Images and videos are graded on a scale where one is the least offensive material and five is the worst. The vast majority of the images and videos seized from Allen were graded at level one but some were level two and there was also a level-three photograph.
Most of the material was of naturism and included a video of naked children aged between seven and eight helping their father put up a Christmas tree.
Referring to Allen's police interview, prosecutor Ms Rutanah said: "He said he would download pretty pictures of children in bikinis and not child-abuse images because he was not into children getting hurt."
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 7 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 8 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 9 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
It was also stated that Allen didn't think he had done anything illegal because the images weren't abusive but police explained to him that he was breaking the law by getting sexual gratification from the material.
The case was adjourned for an All Options Report to be produced and he is due in court for sentencing next month.