Major St Albans road to remain closed following subsidence
REPAIRS to a sinking stretch of a St Albans road mean that it will remain closed until Thursday (August 6). Work to repair subsidence on Drakes Drive began last Thursday, when Herts Highways excavated the affected area and proceeded to decide how best to
REPAIRS to a sinking stretch of a St Albans road mean that it will remain closed until Thursday (August 6).
Work to repair subsidence on Drakes Drive began last Thursday, when Herts Highways excavated the affected area and proceeded to decide how best to repair the road over the weekend.
Yesterday the area of subsidence was filled with concrete and it is currently setting, with the road section due to be resurfaced tomorrow. Weather permitting, Drakes Drive should reopen on Thursday.
Both south and northbound carriageways are closed with the same diversion in place, taking motorists through Camp Road, Hill End Lane, Highfield Park Drive and London Road.
Bus passengers have to use the bus stop prior to the closure in Drakes Drive or one after the closure in Camp Road.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80