Major roadworks scheduled for route into St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are warned to expect disruption during five nights of phased road closures for resurfacing work on a major route into St Albans.
The works begin on the A5183 Redbourn Road roundabout next Monday, March 10, and form part of a £110,000 casualty reduction scheme.
Phased road closures on Batchwood Drive and Bluehouse Hill will take place between 8pm and 5.30am, and signed alternative routes will be in place.
Traffic entering and exiting St Albans via A5183 Folly Lane / Redbourn Road will be restricted by temporary lights.
Vehicle access to properties will be maintained whenever possible, and access will be allowed to the site only when it is safe to do so. Pedestrian access will not be affected.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Douris, county council cabinet member for highways, said: “These works form part of Hertfordshire County Council’s on-going commitment to maintain and improve our roads for the benefit of all road users in Hertfordshire.
“We appreciate that this is a major and busy route and understand that these significant resurfacing works are likely to cause disruption and inconvenience to motorists. We apologise for this and would ask everyone for their co-operation while the work is in progress.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
The work is weather dependent and from time to time unforeseen circumstances can arise and work may continue outside the advertised hours.
Further details about the works, including road closure and diversion information, will be available on www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks
Bus service routes may be affected by these works – for details of any changes you can visit www.intalink.org.uk – and look in the ‘service disruptions’ section.