Major roadworks scheduled for route into St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are warned to expect disruption during five nights of phased road closures for resurfacing work on a major route into St Albans.
The works begin on the A5183 Redbourn Road roundabout next Monday, March 10, and form part of a £110,000 casualty reduction scheme.
Phased road closures on Batchwood Drive and Bluehouse Hill will take place between 8pm and 5.30am, and signed alternative routes will be in place.
Traffic entering and exiting St Albans via A5183 Folly Lane / Redbourn Road will be restricted by temporary lights.
Vehicle access to properties will be maintained whenever possible, and access will be allowed to the site only when it is safe to do so. Pedestrian access will not be affected.
Terry Douris, county council cabinet member for highways, said: “These works form part of Hertfordshire County Council’s on-going commitment to maintain and improve our roads for the benefit of all road users in Hertfordshire.
“We appreciate that this is a major and busy route and understand that these significant resurfacing works are likely to cause disruption and inconvenience to motorists. We apologise for this and would ask everyone for their co-operation while the work is in progress.”
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 7 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 8 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 9 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 10 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
The work is weather dependent and from time to time unforeseen circumstances can arise and work may continue outside the advertised hours.
Further details about the works, including road closure and diversion information, will be available on www.hertsdirect.org/roadworks
Bus service routes may be affected by these works – for details of any changes you can visit www.intalink.org.uk – and look in the ‘service disruptions’ section.