Macmillan Biggest Coffee Morning comes to St Albans district
- Credit: Archant
Generous fundraisers helped to brew up thousands of pounds for a cancer charity when they took part in this year’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
On Friday people were seen tucking into a slice of cake and sipping on a mug of coffee at a number of different events held across the district in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
In Chiswell Green St Albans MP Anne Main and the city’s mayor Cllr Annie Brewster were among 200 people who came to the coffee morning at the Greenwood Park Community Centre.
Organised by the St Albans and District Macmillan Cancer Support Committee, visitors enjoyed a variety of stalls and reflexology and aromatherapy treatments while collectively raising more than £864.
Cllr Brewster said: “It was wonderful to see the community working together to support people who are living with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“I am grateful to the volunteers who worked so hard to make this happen, and to everyone who came along to support the event.”
Elsewhere, at Rob’s Cuts hairdressers in London Colney staff, family and friends set up a stall selling sweet treats and refreshments outside the premises and raised a total of £815.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty