Macmillan Biggest Coffee Morning comes to St Albans district
- Credit: Archant
Generous fundraisers helped to brew up thousands of pounds for a cancer charity when they took part in this year’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
On Friday people were seen tucking into a slice of cake and sipping on a mug of coffee at a number of different events held across the district in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
In Chiswell Green St Albans MP Anne Main and the city’s mayor Cllr Annie Brewster were among 200 people who came to the coffee morning at the Greenwood Park Community Centre.
Organised by the St Albans and District Macmillan Cancer Support Committee, visitors enjoyed a variety of stalls and reflexology and aromatherapy treatments while collectively raising more than £864.
Cllr Brewster said: “It was wonderful to see the community working together to support people who are living with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“I am grateful to the volunteers who worked so hard to make this happen, and to everyone who came along to support the event.”
Elsewhere, at Rob’s Cuts hairdressers in London Colney staff, family and friends set up a stall selling sweet treats and refreshments outside the premises and raised a total of £815.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 10 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently