M25 delays back to St Albans junction after four-car crash
- Credit: Archant
There have been traffic delays back to the M25 junction for St Albans this morning after a four-car crash anti-clockwise.
Traffic was held for just over five minutes 6.50am following an anti-clockwise crash in lanes three and four of the motorway, near Junction 19 for Watford.
Lane four was closed while the cars were moved to the hard shoulder, but has since reopened.
Queueing traffic for seven miles has been reported, with congestion back to Junction 22 for St Albans and London Colney.
Delays are now beginning to ease.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident, the fire service were called at 6.54am to reports of a van on fire between Junction 22 and Junction 21A for St Albans.
Crews from St Albans and Garston attended and extinguished the fire.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development