M25 delays back to St Albans junction after four-car crash
- Credit: Archant
There have been traffic delays back to the M25 junction for St Albans this morning after a four-car crash anti-clockwise.
Traffic was held for just over five minutes 6.50am following an anti-clockwise crash in lanes three and four of the motorway, near Junction 19 for Watford.
Lane four was closed while the cars were moved to the hard shoulder, but has since reopened.
Queueing traffic for seven miles has been reported, with congestion back to Junction 22 for St Albans and London Colney.
Delays are now beginning to ease.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident, the fire service were called at 6.54am to reports of a van on fire between Junction 22 and Junction 21A for St Albans.
Crews from St Albans and Garston attended and extinguished the fire.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival