M25 fatal crash near London Colney: Herts Police release victim’s name
- Credit: Archant
The name of the driver who died in a three-car collision on the M25 near London Colney last weekend has been released.
Police investigating the collision said that Kevin Andrew Heffernan, aged 49, of Ashmore Gardens, Hemel Hempstead, died at the scene of the crash which occurred on the M25 at about 11.35pm last Sunday, March 27.
Herts Police are still seeking witnesses and information in relation to the fatal collision, which involved a grey BMW X5, green Peugeot 206 and silver MG TF, travelling on the anti-clockwise carriageway between Junction 23 near South Mimms, and Junction 22, for London Colney.
The BMW, driven by Mr Heffernan, left the carriageway and overturned.
The driver of the Peugeot, a woman in her 30s, and the driver of the MG, a woman in her 40s, both sustained slight injuries.
You may also want to watch:
PC Bruce Lister from the Forensic Collision Investigation Unit said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this extremely difficult time and a family liaison officer is currently supporting them.
“As part of our investigation we would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the events leading up to it or who saw the vehicles prior to the incident.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
“A number of people also now have dash cams installed in their vehicles and if anyone caught any part of the incident on film I would ask them to contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with any information in relation to this collision is asked to contact PC Lister via non-emergency number 101.