Major delays on M1 after car overturns near Redbourn junction
- Credit: @roadpoliceBCH via Twitter
A three-vehicle crash on the M1 this morning which saw a car overturn near the Redbourn junction is causing major delays on the southbound stretch of the motorway.
Highways England reported at about 7am that a car had overturned on the southbound carriageway between Junction 9 for Redbourn and Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead after a collision involving three vehicles.
The Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit has reported that a “slight injury” was sustained.
Traffic was initially held to clear the collision and oil spilt on the carriageway.
All lanes have now reopened, but at 7.46am Highways England reported there were delays of around 45 minutes southbound between Junction 11 and Junction 8.
You may also want to watch:
A car also broke down in the outside lane between J11A (Dunstable) and J11 (Luton), causing further delays, but the vehicle has now been recovered.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor