Major delays on M1 after car overturns near Redbourn junction
- Credit: @roadpoliceBCH via Twitter
A three-vehicle crash on the M1 this morning which saw a car overturn near the Redbourn junction is causing major delays on the southbound stretch of the motorway.
Highways England reported at about 7am that a car had overturned on the southbound carriageway between Junction 9 for Redbourn and Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead after a collision involving three vehicles.
The Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit has reported that a “slight injury” was sustained.
Traffic was initially held to clear the collision and oil spilt on the carriageway.
All lanes have now reopened, but at 7.46am Highways England reported there were delays of around 45 minutes southbound between Junction 11 and Junction 8.
You may also want to watch:
A car also broke down in the outside lane between J11A (Dunstable) and J11 (Luton), causing further delays, but the vehicle has now been recovered.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book