M1 sliproad set to remain closed until 7pm
THE M25 interchange on the M1 is not likely to be open until 7pm this evening, police have just confirmed.
A jackknifed lorry caused the sliproad at Junction 6a at 7am this morning and police have said it may take until 7pm this evening to resurface the road where a large amount of diesel had spilt.
Traffic is being diverted off at Junction 7 (the former M10) and then along the A405 to rejoin the motorway at Junction 6 or to join the M25 at Junction 21a, causing gridlock in Park Street, Chiswell Green and out of Bricket Wood.
Drivers are also attempting to avoid the closure by coming off the motorway earlier and travelling through Redbourn and Harpenden, which is causing significant delays in those areas as well as through St Albans heading south.
And the situation is set to worsen during this evening’s rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, police are appealing for information about this morning’s accident which saw the lorry carrying paper lose control for unknown reasons and hit a kerb before overturning. The driver sustained a serious head injury and is being treated in hospital in London.
Any witnesses who saw the collision or the vehicle before the accident are asked to contact Pc Mike Woods on 0845 3300 222.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images