M1 slip road to remain closed for several more hours
THE M25 interchange on the M1 is likely to remain closed for much of this afternoon while repairs to the carriageway take place.
It follows an accident in which a HGV carrying paper jackknifed at Junction 6a southbound this morning at around 7am, spilling diesel from its punctured fuel tank across the carriageway of the slip road.
The motorway and its M25 interchange has remained closed while the oil spill is cleared and the road resurfaced and a police spokesperson has confirmed that it will not be reopened for at least another three hours.
Drivers are being diverted off the M1 at Junction 7 and along the A405 to rejoin the motorway at Junction 6 or the M25 at Junction 21A, but it has caused gridlock around the St Stephen area as well as through Redbourn, Harpenden and St Albans.
And the incident is now set to cause major problems during this evening’s rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
Keep checking the Herts Advertiser website for more information.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared