M1 slip road to remain closed for several more hours
THE M25 interchange on the M1 is likely to remain closed for much of this afternoon while repairs to the carriageway take place.
It follows an accident in which a HGV carrying paper jackknifed at Junction 6a southbound this morning at around 7am, spilling diesel from its punctured fuel tank across the carriageway of the slip road.
The motorway and its M25 interchange has remained closed while the oil spill is cleared and the road resurfaced and a police spokesperson has confirmed that it will not be reopened for at least another three hours.
Drivers are being diverted off the M1 at Junction 7 and along the A405 to rejoin the motorway at Junction 6 or the M25 at Junction 21A, but it has caused gridlock around the St Stephen area as well as through Redbourn, Harpenden and St Albans.
And the incident is now set to cause major problems during this evening’s rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
Keep checking the Herts Advertiser website for more information.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire