M1 overnight closures this week
MOTORISTS using the M1 between Junction 6 for the M25 and Junction 7 for Hemel Hempstead on Tuesday and Wednesday night this week will find closures in place. The northbound M1 will be closed overnight on Tuesday and the southbound carriageway will be shu
MOTORISTS using the M1 between Junction 6 for the M25 and Junction 7 for Hemel Hempstead on Tuesday and Wednesday night this week will find closures in place.
The northbound M1 will be closed overnight on Tuesday and the southbound carriageway will be shut overnight on Wednesday. Both closures will be from 10pm to 5am.
The closures are to enable the overhead gantries to be lifted safely into position.
Fully-signed diversion routes will be in place. During the northbound closure motorway traffic will be diverted via the A405 and M10 while drivers on the M25 wishing to join the M1 will be diverted to Junction 21A.
You may also want to watch:
During the southbound closure, M1 drivers will follow the route in reverse using the M10 and A405. M25 traffic will not be affected.
The work is weather dependent and will not take place in high winds. Should it have to be postponed on either night, it will be carried out overnight on Thursday.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues