M1 overnight closures this week
MOTORISTS using the M1 between Junction 6 for the M25 and Junction 7 for Hemel Hempstead on Tuesday and Wednesday night this week will find closures in place. The northbound M1 will be closed overnight on Tuesday and the southbound carriageway will be shu
MOTORISTS using the M1 between Junction 6 for the M25 and Junction 7 for Hemel Hempstead on Tuesday and Wednesday night this week will find closures in place.
The northbound M1 will be closed overnight on Tuesday and the southbound carriageway will be shut overnight on Wednesday. Both closures will be from 10pm to 5am.
The closures are to enable the overhead gantries to be lifted safely into position.
Fully-signed diversion routes will be in place. During the northbound closure motorway traffic will be diverted via the A405 and M10 while drivers on the M25 wishing to join the M1 will be diverted to Junction 21A.
During the southbound closure, M1 drivers will follow the route in reverse using the M10 and A405. M25 traffic will not be affected.
The work is weather dependent and will not take place in high winds. Should it have to be postponed on either night, it will be carried out overnight on Thursday.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school