Car crash closes M1 near Redbourn in early hours
- Credit: Archant
The M1 near Redbourn was closed after a car crash in the early hours of this morning.
Emergency services were called to a collision at about 1.30am between junction 10 and nine on the southbound carriageway of the motorway.
Firefighters from Redbourn and Harpenden, alongside one crew from the Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, rushed to the incident.
Highways England closed the road and the East of England Ambulance Service sent a Hazardous Area Response Team, six ambulances and two ambulance officers to care for multiple casualties.
Five patients were taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital and two patients were taken to Watford General Hospital for further treatment.
All the M1 lanes were reported to be back open by 3.15am.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins