10 vehicles involved St Albans M1 crash
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services have been dealing with a crash on the M1 involving 10 vehicles in the St Albans and Redbourn area.
A Herts Police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 11.09am to M1 northbound between Junctions 8 and 9 to reports of a multi-vehicle collision.
“Ambulance and fire were also called.
“All four lanes were closed initially.
“At least one of the vehicles required recovery.
You may also want to watch:
“One woman had to be released from her vehicle by the fire service but was not injured.
“The road opened just before 1pm.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
“A total of 10 vehicles were involved, there were slight injuries.”
At 1pm, Highways England was warning of half an hour delays following the collision on the northbound carriageway between Junctions 8 for Hemel Hempstead and Junction 9 for Redbourn.
Normal traffic conditions are expected to resume by about 3pm.
Highways England tweeted: “The #M1 is BLOCKED northbound between J8 and J9 in #Hertfordshire due to a multi-vehicle collision.
“Emergency services are in attendance and are clearing vehicles to the hard shoulder.”
Around noon Highways England also tweeted: “Traffic has been released.
“Only 1 lane (of 4) remains closed on #M1 northbound between J8 and J9.
“There are delays of half an hour on approach.”