Long delays on M1 in St Albans area after two-car crash
- Credit: Archant
Highways England is warning of more than five miles of congestion on the M1 in Hertfordshire following a two-car accident on the M1 this afternoon.
Highways England tweeted shortly after 4.30pm: “Lane 4 closed on the M1 Hertfordshire northbound between Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead/St Albans and Junction 9 for Flamstead/Harpenden due to a two-car collision.
“Herts Police are on scene and HighwaysEAST are travelling to assist.
“Approx. 5.1 miles of congestion on the approach.”
A Herts Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 4.38pm today to reports of a collision on the M1 southbound at Junction 8.
You may also want to watch:
“The collision happened at the slip road to the A414.
“Two vehicles were involved.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
“No one was injured.
“Officers are currently at the scene.”