Long delays on M1 in St Albans area after two-car crash
- Credit: Archant
Highways England is warning of more than five miles of congestion on the M1 in Hertfordshire following a two-car accident on the M1 this afternoon.
Highways England tweeted shortly after 4.30pm: “Lane 4 closed on the M1 Hertfordshire northbound between Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead/St Albans and Junction 9 for Flamstead/Harpenden due to a two-car collision.
“Herts Police are on scene and HighwaysEAST are travelling to assist.
“Approx. 5.1 miles of congestion on the approach.”
A Herts Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 4.38pm today to reports of a collision on the M1 southbound at Junction 8.
You may also want to watch:
“The collision happened at the slip road to the A414.
“Two vehicles were involved.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
“No one was injured.
“Officers are currently at the scene.”