M1 crash: traffic delays in St Albans expected
- Credit: Archant
St Albans road users have been warned of traffic delays following a crash on the M1 this morning (Monday).
Emergency services attended the crash between a lorry and two cars on the M1 between junction 5 and 6 at about 9.30am this morning.
Firefighters extricated two people using cutting equipment and a woman in her 20s and
A woman in her 20s had suffered a serious head injury and ankle injury and a man in his 50s also suffered serious head and abdominal injuries.
They were both taken to St Marys Hospital by the East of England Ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
Another patient was taken to Watford General Hospital with minor injuries.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner