M1 crash Hertfordshire - severe delays
- Credit: Archant
Highways England is warning motorists of a crash on the M1 this evening, which has resulted in the northbound carriageway being closed.
The M1 northbound carriageway is closed between Junction 6 (A405, St Albans) and Junction 8 (A414, Hemel Hempstead) following a collision between Junction 6A and Junction 7.
Herts Police are on the scene.
A diversion is in place.
Exit Junction 6 of the M1 and take the A405 North Oribitol Road northbound to Junction 21 of the M25.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic on the M25 should join that motorway there,
Traffic for the M1 northbound should continue on the A405 northbound towards St Albans.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
At the Park Street roundabout turn left on to the A414 westbound and continue on this road to join the M1 northbound at Junction 8.