M1 crash Hertfordshire - severe delays
- Credit: Archant
Highways England is warning motorists of a crash on the M1 this evening, which has resulted in the northbound carriageway being closed.
The M1 northbound carriageway is closed between Junction 6 (A405, St Albans) and Junction 8 (A414, Hemel Hempstead) following a collision between Junction 6A and Junction 7.
Herts Police are on the scene.
A diversion is in place.
Exit Junction 6 of the M1 and take the A405 North Oribitol Road northbound to Junction 21 of the M25.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic on the M25 should join that motorway there,
Traffic for the M1 northbound should continue on the A405 northbound towards St Albans.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
At the Park Street roundabout turn left on to the A414 westbound and continue on this road to join the M1 northbound at Junction 8.