Car and motorcycle crash on M1 near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is queueing on the M1 following a crash between a car and motorcyclist in the St Albans area.
Highways England tweeted at about 5.50pm that the crash was affecting traffic between Junction 6a for Bricket Wood and Junction 7 for St Albans/Hemel Hempstead on the northbound carriageway.
Highways England tweeted: “Emergency services en route.
“Please expect delays.”
Motorists on the M1 should also watch out for another crash which has happened within the roadworks at Junction 13 in Bedfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England has tweeted: “Bedfordshire. M1 southbound within J13, within the roadworks, 1 lane closed due to a multi-vehicle collision.
“Recovery trucks en route.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
“Delays building on approach.”