Car and motorcycle crash on M1 near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is queueing on the M1 following a crash between a car and motorcyclist in the St Albans area.
Highways England tweeted at about 5.50pm that the crash was affecting traffic between Junction 6a for Bricket Wood and Junction 7 for St Albans/Hemel Hempstead on the northbound carriageway.
Highways England tweeted: “Emergency services en route.
“Please expect delays.”
Motorists on the M1 should also watch out for another crash which has happened within the roadworks at Junction 13 in Bedfordshire.
Highways England has tweeted: “Bedfordshire. M1 southbound within J13, within the roadworks, 1 lane closed due to a multi-vehicle collision.
“Recovery trucks en route.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 7 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
“Delays building on approach.”