Car and motorcycle crash on M1 near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is queueing on the M1 following a crash between a car and motorcyclist in the St Albans area.
Highways England tweeted at about 5.50pm that the crash was affecting traffic between Junction 6a for Bricket Wood and Junction 7 for St Albans/Hemel Hempstead on the northbound carriageway.
Highways England tweeted: “Emergency services en route.
“Please expect delays.”
Motorists on the M1 should also watch out for another crash which has happened within the roadworks at Junction 13 in Bedfordshire.
Highways England has tweeted: “Bedfordshire. M1 southbound within J13, within the roadworks, 1 lane closed due to a multi-vehicle collision.
“Recovery trucks en route.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 9 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
“Delays building on approach.”