Wedding ring stolen in Harpenden burglary
- Credit: Archant
A wedding ring was stolen in the second burglary to happen in Harpenden within a week.
Between 11am and 2pm on April 24, burglars smashed the rear patio doors to a home on Luton Road and searched it for goods.
They took the ring, which was personalised with the date of the wedding and the names of the couple, from an upstairs bedroom as well as a small diamond engagement ring, set in platinum, and other gold and diamond rings, earrings and necklaces.
Det Con Colin Workman said: “These items that were stolen are irreplaceable.
“I am appealing for anyone who saw suspicious activity in the area at the time, or has any other information about the burglary, to get in touch with me. “Likewise, if you believe you have been offered these items for sale, I would like to hear from you.”
Anyone with information has been asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org call 101 and give crime reference F2/18/888.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, burglars stole speakers, laptops and cameras from a home on Luton Road and a car on Wheathampstead Road was also broken into over the weekend.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?