Road closures around Luton Airport to make way for DART Gateway Bridge
- Credit: Archant
Roads will be closed near Luton Airport while a bridge is installed across the A1081.
The bridge is the next significant milestone in the construction of the £225 million Direct Air-Rail Transit (DART), between Luton Airport Parkway station and London Luton Airport.
Road closures will be in place from 8pm on Friday, November 29, until 5am on Monday, December 2.
The A1081 will be closed in both directions between the Percival Way roundabout and the B653 traffic lights, and from the Kimpton Road roundabout to the B653 traffic lights.
A signed diversion route will be in place, which will take traffic via the A505 on Kimpton Road and Gypsy Lane.
You may also want to watch:
To minimise disruption, the DART Gateway Bridge has been built near to its point of installation by the Percival Way roundabout, and will be lifted, transported and lowered into position by specialist heavy duty movers.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions