Luke Sital Singh video filmed in St Albans newsagents
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans shop keeper put on a brave face recently when would-be armed robbers raided his high street store.
But luckily the dramatic crime was just being acted out for a new music video for an up-and-coming British singer-songwriter.
Mr P’s newsagents in St Peter’s Street was chosen as the filming location for rising star Luke Sital Singh’s latest song Greatest Lovers.
The video sees a couple pull up in a car outside by the Town Hall and then raid the shop with guns.
Shop owner Raj Thakkar said the whole experience was really exciting: “It was nice to see something which you wouldn’t normally see.”
He added the team of nearly 35 people filming on the day were really helpful and started at 9am on a Sunday morning before finishing at around 2pm.
Raj went on: “Luke was a very nice guy. I would definitely let someone film here again.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 10 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
The directors of the music video said: “It’s kind of a Bonnie and Clyde fandango about the life and love of two people and how that love changes over time from the lust and excitement of their youth to whatever that ends up being.
“We could’ve chosen any kind of couple to portray this but we felt that couples staring at each other with a bit of lens flare looks rubbish. With that in mind we went with guns and gas masks, which is always the better option.”
The shop will soon be changing its name to Raj’s Premier.