Luisa Zissman’s St Albans cupcake shop closes
- Credit: Archant
Cupcake company Dixie’s – famously co-owned by reality TV star Luisa Zissman – has closed its city centre shop.
The store, in Market Place, had only been opening on Saturdays for the past few months, but it has now shut up permanently.
Dixie’s Cupcakery, which opened in 2011, gained national recognition when it featured on The Apprentice in 2013 as part of Luisa’s campaign to win a business partnership with Sir Alan Sugar.
Her business partner and ex-husband, Oliver Zissman, revealed this week that Dixie’s will now be operating exclusively online.
“Most of our sales were coming from the website in terms of orders for weddings, parties and corporates, so it just made no sense for us to continue operating out of a high street shop with all the associated costs.”
You may also want to watch:
He explained: “The main part of our business is now The Baker Shop in Verulam Road, which sells cake decorations and baking products online to over 97 countries and currently employs 38 staff.”
Luisa added: “We won’t be opening a shop in the town centre again mainly because my focus has shifted to our booming business The Baker Shop and my exploding media career.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?