Luisa Zissman’s St Albans cupcake shop closes
- Credit: Archant
Cupcake company Dixie’s – famously co-owned by reality TV star Luisa Zissman – has closed its city centre shop.
The store, in Market Place, had only been opening on Saturdays for the past few months, but it has now shut up permanently.
Dixie’s Cupcakery, which opened in 2011, gained national recognition when it featured on The Apprentice in 2013 as part of Luisa’s campaign to win a business partnership with Sir Alan Sugar.
Her business partner and ex-husband, Oliver Zissman, revealed this week that Dixie’s will now be operating exclusively online.
“Most of our sales were coming from the website in terms of orders for weddings, parties and corporates, so it just made no sense for us to continue operating out of a high street shop with all the associated costs.”
You may also want to watch:
He explained: “The main part of our business is now The Baker Shop in Verulam Road, which sells cake decorations and baking products online to over 97 countries and currently employs 38 staff.”
Luisa added: “We won’t be opening a shop in the town centre again mainly because my focus has shifted to our booming business The Baker Shop and my exploding media career.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared