Lucky escape from Shenley crash
THREE men had a lucky escape when their car flipped over following a collision yesterday afternoon (Wednesday). The accident involving two cars happened at around 3.30pm along Black Lion Hill in Shenley, near to the roundabout junction with Porters Park D
THREE men had a lucky escape when their car flipped over following a collision yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
The accident involving two cars happened at around 3.30pm along Black Lion Hill in Shenley, near to the roundabout junction with Porters Park Drive.
Three ambulances and an emergency response car rushed to the scene to treat the three men and an elderly woman travelling in the other car involved.
An ambulance service spokesman said: "It is believed a car with three men inside was in collision with another car when it flipped over on to its roof and came to rest on a fence."
Two of the men sustained minor injuries and were taken to Barnet General Hospital but the third man involved was checked by paramedics at the scene and did not require treatment.
The woman also suffered minor injuries and was taken to Watford General Hospital.
- 1 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 8 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
Firefighters from St Albans attended the scene and assisted with first aid and clearing any oil off the road using an environmental protection pack. They left at 4.30pm.
Police closed the road between the junction with Porters Park Drive and Bell Lane until 6.30pm until the accident was cleared.