Lucky escape from Shenley crash
THREE men had a lucky escape when their car flipped over following a collision yesterday afternoon (Wednesday). The accident involving two cars happened at around 3.30pm along Black Lion Hill in Shenley, near to the roundabout junction with Porters Park D
THREE men had a lucky escape when their car flipped over following a collision yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
The accident involving two cars happened at around 3.30pm along Black Lion Hill in Shenley, near to the roundabout junction with Porters Park Drive.
Three ambulances and an emergency response car rushed to the scene to treat the three men and an elderly woman travelling in the other car involved.
An ambulance service spokesman said: "It is believed a car with three men inside was in collision with another car when it flipped over on to its roof and came to rest on a fence."
You may also want to watch:
Two of the men sustained minor injuries and were taken to Barnet General Hospital but the third man involved was checked by paramedics at the scene and did not require treatment.
The woman also suffered minor injuries and was taken to Watford General Hospital.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Firefighters from St Albans attended the scene and assisted with first aid and clearing any oil off the road using an environmental protection pack. They left at 4.30pm.
Police closed the road between the junction with Porters Park Drive and Bell Lane until 6.30pm until the accident was cleared.