Lorry and car in collision on M1 Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
There are severe delays of up to two hours on the M1 due to a collision between Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead and Junction 6A for the M25 this morning.
Highways England is warning of delays of about two hours back to Junction 11 for Dunstable.
Highways England has stated: “Lanes 2, 3 and 4 (of 4) are closed with Cambridgeshire Police, Ambulance Services and Highways England Traffic Officers on scene.
“There are delays of approx 2 hours back to J11 (Dunstable) on the approach to the incident.
“Motorists are advised to allow additional travelling time if heading towards the area or consider alternative routes where possible.”
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly after 5.30am today to report a collision on the M1 southbound, near Junction 8.
“A car and a lorry were involved and three lanes were left blocked.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 4 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
“One person was taken to hospital.
“Recovery is currently being arranged for both vehicles.”