Lorry and car in collision on M1 Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
There are severe delays of up to two hours on the M1 due to a collision between Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead and Junction 6A for the M25 this morning.
Highways England is warning of delays of about two hours back to Junction 11 for Dunstable.
Highways England has stated: “Lanes 2, 3 and 4 (of 4) are closed with Cambridgeshire Police, Ambulance Services and Highways England Traffic Officers on scene.
“There are delays of approx 2 hours back to J11 (Dunstable) on the approach to the incident.
“Motorists are advised to allow additional travelling time if heading towards the area or consider alternative routes where possible.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly after 5.30am today to report a collision on the M1 southbound, near Junction 8.
“A car and a lorry were involved and three lanes were left blocked.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
“One person was taken to hospital.
“Recovery is currently being arranged for both vehicles.”