Lorry and car in collision on M1 Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
There are severe delays of up to two hours on the M1 due to a collision between Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead and Junction 6A for the M25 this morning.
Highways England is warning of delays of about two hours back to Junction 11 for Dunstable.
Highways England has stated: “Lanes 2, 3 and 4 (of 4) are closed with Cambridgeshire Police, Ambulance Services and Highways England Traffic Officers on scene.
“There are delays of approx 2 hours back to J11 (Dunstable) on the approach to the incident.
“Motorists are advised to allow additional travelling time if heading towards the area or consider alternative routes where possible.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly after 5.30am today to report a collision on the M1 southbound, near Junction 8.
“A car and a lorry were involved and three lanes were left blocked.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
“One person was taken to hospital.
“Recovery is currently being arranged for both vehicles.”