Lorry and car in collision on M1 Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
There are severe delays of up to two hours on the M1 due to a collision between Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead and Junction 6A for the M25 this morning.
Highways England is warning of delays of about two hours back to Junction 11 for Dunstable.
Highways England has stated: “Lanes 2, 3 and 4 (of 4) are closed with Cambridgeshire Police, Ambulance Services and Highways England Traffic Officers on scene.
“There are delays of approx 2 hours back to J11 (Dunstable) on the approach to the incident.
“Motorists are advised to allow additional travelling time if heading towards the area or consider alternative routes where possible.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly after 5.30am today to report a collision on the M1 southbound, near Junction 8.
“A car and a lorry were involved and three lanes were left blocked.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“One person was taken to hospital.
“Recovery is currently being arranged for both vehicles.”