Loose Women star Denise Welch opens new home of St Albans slimming firm
- Credit: Archant
LOOSE Women star Denise Welch came to St Albans this week to officially open the new premises of a weight loss company.
LighterLife invited their celebrity ambassador to a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Parkway, Porters Wood, on Monday night.
The daytime TV presenter, who joined the programme five weeks ago in a bid to shed two stone before her wedding in July, also met super slimmer and St Albans resident Glynis John.
In 10 months Glynis has lost nine stone - dropping from a size 24 to a size 12 - since she signed up for LighterLife after being refused knee-surgery as a result of doctors categorising her as obese.
The 52-year-old said: “LighterLife is quite possibly the best thing I ever did. I am amazed at the results, even to the point where I have to tell people in the street who I am as they walked right past me and don’t recognise me.
You may also want to watch:
“To this day I am still enjoying the look of surprise and shock on people’s face when they realise it’s me.”
Company founder Bar Hewlett, who also attended Monday’s opening, said: “Glynis is a real inspiration and proof that the programme does work and you can keep the weight off for good.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved