Loose Women star Denise Welch opens new home of St Albans slimming firm
- Credit: Archant
LOOSE Women star Denise Welch came to St Albans this week to officially open the new premises of a weight loss company.
LighterLife invited their celebrity ambassador to a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Parkway, Porters Wood, on Monday night.
The daytime TV presenter, who joined the programme five weeks ago in a bid to shed two stone before her wedding in July, also met super slimmer and St Albans resident Glynis John.
In 10 months Glynis has lost nine stone - dropping from a size 24 to a size 12 - since she signed up for LighterLife after being refused knee-surgery as a result of doctors categorising her as obese.
The 52-year-old said: “LighterLife is quite possibly the best thing I ever did. I am amazed at the results, even to the point where I have to tell people in the street who I am as they walked right past me and don’t recognise me.
You may also want to watch:
“To this day I am still enjoying the look of surprise and shock on people’s face when they realise it’s me.”
Company founder Bar Hewlett, who also attended Monday’s opening, said: “Glynis is a real inspiration and proof that the programme does work and you can keep the weight off for good.”
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 10 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza