London Marathon entrants are asked to run for Grove House Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Are you looking for a worthy cause to support in next year’s London Marathon?
Rennie Grove Hospice Care is appealing for people who have been awarded a ballot place in the annual event to join their team.
All of the charity’s bond places for the marathon have been filled, but people who have their own places are now being sought to run for Rennie Grove and help raise funds.
Events fundraiser Joanne Hunt explained: “We would really love to have a team of 30 people next year to help celebrate the charity’s 30th anniversary.
“We value our London Marathon team very highly and will look after you throughout your marathon journey. We host regular ‘meet the team’ evenings where you can swap training notes and fundraising ideas and get to know us and your fellow team members. Weekly emails are sent with plenty of training and nutrition tips as well as the latest fundraising ideas for you to consider.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity can also help runners with Virgin Money Giving fundraising web pages, personalised sponsor forms, posters, resources tailored to any fundraising events, and general fundraising ideas and support.
Every member of the team will be given a breathable running vest for them to wear during their training and for the marathon itself to enhance the team spirit of the event.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
Rennie Grove’s 2014 team raised more than £30,000 and in 2015 the charity has set its sights higher and would like to raise even more. £32,000 pays for a specialist nurse for a whole year.
As well as ‘meet the team’ evenings, there is a pasta night a few days before the event so runners can build up their carb intake, compare notes with fellow team members and share in the pre-race excitement. There is also a reunion after the race so the charity can congratulate runners on their achievements and thank them for being part of the Rennie Grove Team.
To join the team call Jo Hunt on 01442 820720 or email Joanne.Hunt@renniegrove.org