London Marathon: Competitor looking for company on St Albans parkrun
- Credit: Archant
A man running the London Marathon is looking for people to join him on a St Albans park run this weekend.
Gary O’Leary, 56, is running the marathon for Herts Action on Disability (HAD).
He said: “Working with HAD made me realise how important their services are for the elderly, disabled and less mobile.
“So, despite a shaky knee and a preference for five rather than 40km, I’m taking up the challenge to run at London for them and try and raise some vital funds.
“It’s a great charity and one that we, or our close ones, may all need one day.”
You may also want to watch:
To get ready for the marathon, which attracts tens of thousands of runners every year, Gary decided to do a 5km run around Verulamium Park on Saturday, and has invited others to join him.
Visit justgiving.com/fundraising/marathongary if you wish to support Gary.
To find out more about HAD, visit www.hadnet.org.uk
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans