London man charged with burglaries in St Albans, Harpenden and Park Street
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old London man has been arrested for 15 burglaries, the bulk of which are alleged to have been carried out across St Albans district.
Guido Matroos, of York Way in Whetstone, was arrested on December 4 in West Yorkshire, and charged with burglaries in Harpenden, St Albans, Park Street and Wheathampstead.
He was also charged with a further three burglaries in Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar.
Mr Matroos appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Monday (12), and was remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court on January 6, 2017.
The burglaries mainly involved the theft of cash and jewellery, and are alleged to have occurred at:
• Orchard Drive, Park Street, on November 3
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
• Coneydale, Welwyn Garden City, between October 16 and 24
• Granby Avenue, Harpenden, October 16-22
• Dyke Lane, Wheathampstead, October 18
• Manland Way and West Way in Harpenden, October 27
• Lincolns Close and Rose Walk, St Albans, November 2
• Ox Lane, Grant Gardens and Lower Luton Road, Harpenden, October 31
• Holborn Close (two alleged burglaries), St Albans, October 28-30
• Cranfield Crescent, Cuffley, Potters Bar, October 30
• Cranfield Crescent, October 24-November 1